Final month, Microsoft launched Azure Blockchain Service making it straightforward for anybody to rapidly setup and handle a blockchain community and offering a basis for builders to construct a brand new class of multi-party blockchain purposes within the cloud.
To allow end-to-end growth of those new apps, we’ve collaborated with groups from Visual Studio Code to Azure Logic Apps and Microsoft Move to Azure DevOps, to ship a high-quality expertise that integrates Microsoft instruments builders belief and open-source instruments they love.
As we regarded on the open supply tasks for Ethereum-based blockchains, we noticed Truffle addressing core wants of builders seeking to create, compile, take a look at, and handle sensible contract code. We kicked off our relationship in 2018 by co-authoring steerage for utilizing Truffle for consortium DevOps and incorporating Truffle-based tooling in our Azure Blockchain Growth Package for Ethereum.
This week, we doubled down on our relationship by asserting an official partnership between our organizations to carry Truffle blockchain instruments for developer expertise and DevOps to Microsoft Azure. It will manifest not simply in Visual Studio and Azure DevOps, but additionally upcoming instruments from Truffle comparable to Truffle Groups. By this partnership, builders working in Truffle environments can have entry to Azure companies, and Azure prospects can have entry to the suite of instruments Truffle gives to make creating on Ethereum straightforward, comparable to:
- Standalone, native nodes for testing: Growth begins on a developer’s laptop computer or native machine, and Truffle gives an area, standalone blockchain node that’s light-weight and might be rapidly spun up for native dev/take a look at.
- Simply populate a node with take a look at knowledge: As soon as an area node was out there, builders additionally wished to have the ability to have a duplicate of knowledge within the blockchain to check. Not like a relational database the place take a look at knowledge might simply be loaded from a script, a blockchain is populated through signed transactions that require considerably extra effort to arrange in a take a look at setting. The Truffle Suite solves this by offering the flexibility to “fork” a blockchain in order that builders can get an area copy of actual community knowledge to check in opposition to.
- Simply deploy sensible contracts: Builders wished to simply script deployments of their sensible contracts to native, personal chain or public chain environments.
- Write and execute exams for sensible contracts: With Truffle, builders can write exams utilizing the favored Mocha framework. These exams can then be executed regionally or in Azure Pipelines by particular person organizations or as a consortium.
- Work together with sensible contracts: The flexibility to do interactive testing through the console or a UI may help rapidly validate or troubleshoot conduct, which might be particularly essential for eventualities that span a number of sensible contracts.
- Debug sensible contracts: When exams are executed, they aren’t all the time profitable, and that’s the place enterprise builders count on to have a debugging expertise similar to what they’ve seen in .NET and Java growth.
As companions and as finish customers, we’re large followers of Truffle’s know-how and the folks behind it. Their buyer obsession and open orientation has made them the trusted alternative for blockchain builders, and we’re wanting to see what you’ll construct with Truffle on Azure.