How To Set up Non-Azure Machines To Join To Microsoft Defender For Cloud
To proceed, should first log in to Azure. Following that the non-Azure laptop’s safety is monitored by Microsoft Defender for Cloud.
- Microsoft Defender for Cloud at present substitutes Azure Safety Middle and Azure Defender.
- Renamed the Azure Defender plans to Microsoft Defender plans.
- As an example, Azure Defender for Storage is now known as Microsoft Defender for Storage.
You may entry your non-Azure Computer systems in a wide range of strategies, together with:
- Azure Arc-enabled servers can be utilized (really useful)
- From Defender Cloud’s pages within the Azure portal (Getting began)
From the Azure portal, you possibly can add non-Azure machines
Observe these steps,
Go to the Azure portal and log in.
Sort “Microsoft Defender for Cloud” into the search subject and hit Enter.
Open the Getting began web page from the Defender for Cloud menu.
Select the Get began possibility.
Choose Configure from the record of non-Azure servers under Add non-Azure servers.
It shows an inventory of your Log Analytics workspaces. If computerized provisioning was enabled, Defender for Cloud produced a default workspace for you, which is included within the record. Select if you wish to make the most of this workspace or one other one.
You may both add computer systems to an current workspace or begin a brand new.
Choose Create a brand new workspace if you wish to make a brand new workspace.
Fill within the particulars for Create Log Analytics workspace.
After that, Open within the Created or current Workspaces.
Deploying Home windows in your machines
You will want the knowledge on the Brokers administration web page in addition to the required agent file (32/64-bit) so as to add Home windows machines.
To obtain the setup file, click on the Obtain Home windows Agent hyperlink that belongs to your laptop processor kind.
After that, Obtain the Home windows Agent setup file,
Copy the Workspace ID and Major Key from the Brokers administration web page into Notepad.
Then, run it “Obtain Home windows Agent setup file”
Observe the set up wizard’s directions (Subsequent, I Agree, Subsequent, Subsequent)
- Copy the Workspace ID and Workspace Key (Major Key) from Notepad and paste them each on the Azure Log Analytics web page.
- Choose Azure US Authorities from the Azure Cloud dropdown record Authorities cloud.
- Choose Superior and enter the proxy server’s URL and port quantity if the machine wants to speak with the Log Analytics service by way of a proxy server.
- Choose Subsequent as soon as you’ve got accomplished all the configuration choices.
- Choose End on the Configuration completed efficiently display screen.
Verify the agent’s connection to Azure Monitor.
The Microsoft Monitoring agent seems in Management Panel as soon as it is completed. You may test your setup and ensure the agent is linked there.
On this article, I confirmed you methods to set up non-Azure machines to connect with Microsoft Defender for Cloud.