We’re happy to share that help for HDInsight in Azure CLI is now typically accessible. The addition of the
az hdinsight command group lets you simply handle your HDInsight clusters utilizing easy instructions whereas profiting from all that Azure CLI has to supply, comparable to cross-platform help and tab completion.
- Cluster CRUD: Create, delete, checklist, resize, present properties, and replace tags to your HDInsight clusters.
- Script actions: Execute script actions, checklist and delete persistent script actions, promote ad-hoc script executions to persistent script actions, and present the execution historical past of script motion runs.
- Handle Azure Monitor integration: Allow, disable, and present the standing of Azure Monitor integration on HDInsight clusters.
- Purposes: Create, delete, checklist, and present properties for functions in your HDInsight clusters.
- Core utilization: View accessible core counts by area earlier than deploying giant clusters.
Create an HDInsight cluster utilizing a single, easy Azure CLI command
Azure CLI advantages
- Cross platform: Use Azure CLI on Home windows, macOS, Linux, or the Azure Cloud Shell in a browser to handle your HDInsight clusters with the identical instructions and syntax throughout platforms.
- Tab completion and interactive mode: Autocomplete command and parameter names in addition to subscription-specific particulars like useful resource group names, cluster names, and storage account names. Do not bear in mind your 88-character storage account key off the highest of your head? Azure CLI can autocomplete that as effectively!
- Customise output: Make use of Azure CLI’s globally accessible arguments to indicate verbose or debug output, filter output utilizing the JMESPath question language, and alter the output format between json, tab-separated values, or ASCII tables, and extra.
You may stand up and operating to begin managing your HDInsight clusters utilizing Azure CLI with three straightforward steps.
- Set up Azure CLI for Home windows, macOS, or Linux. Alternatively, you need to use Azure Cloud Shell to make use of Azure CLI in a browser.
- Log in utilizing the
- Check out our reference documentation, “az hdinsight” or run
az hdinsight -hto see a full checklist of supported HDInsight instructions and descriptions and begin utilizing Azure CLI to handle your HDInsight clusters.
Azure HDInsight is a simple, cost-effective, enterprise-grade service for open supply analytics that allows prospects to simply run in style open supply frameworks, comparable to Apache Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, and extra. The service is on the market in 28 public areas and Azure Authorities Clouds within the US, Germany, and China. Azure HDInsight powers mission-critical functions in all kinds of sectors and allows a variety of use instances together with ETL, streaming, and interactive querying.